Social Icons Pinterest Email Twitter



Rhia
My little boy is turning 3 this week. It has become increasingly obvious of late that he is growing up. He is no longer a baby but a little boy. In honour of his little self I have compiled a list of 10 things that make me melt inside:
  1. I love that he giggles and says "You make me funny" when I make him laugh  
  2. I love that he says I am a princess and he is my ham-son prince 
  3. I love that he already has an entourage. Right now this consists of White Blanky, Mickey, Blue Teddy, Elephant and Finn McMissile. The entourage has been recently culled as it was making bedtime quite the ordeal.
  4. I love that he gives his toys such ingenious names eg Red Car, Orange Car, Hippo, Blue Bear etc. I may have started this trend but he has followed it in good stead.
  5. I love that he tells me to "say 'Yay' and Clap mummy" when he "does wees" but will tell me "Don't cheer me" with his little policeman's 'stop' hands when he sings his 'ABC's.
  6. I love that he lets me do "snuggly wuggly" cuddles when he thinks no one is looking
  7. I love that he calls cuddles "cuggles". I hope he never ever stops doing that.
  8. I love that I am his best friend (except for Daddy. And Samarth. And Henry). But STILL.
  9. I love his impressions of me and daddy. Daddy's are particularly funny and involve him tucking his chin into his neck and saying in a very serious voice "Hi I am Daddy".
  10. I love the way his little body fits perfectly into mine when we are having a snuggle. He is growing at a very rapid rate and I have a feeling I may need to enjoy this whilst I can.
Every age is special and I am sure MM will continue to make my heart sing for many more years to come. I think this is going to be my new tradition. Each birthday I am going to write a new '10 things I love about MM' list. Hopefully this way I'll remember all of his gorgeous little nuances for ever.

What traditions have you created for your kids?
7 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    This whole post makes my heart sing. It's beautiful!We have 'schnuggles' when noone is looking and I hope they truly never end too! xxx


  2. Mel Says:

    This is gorgeous!! Made me teary at the end. My little Misses are 7 and 3 and this is definitely something I will be doing on their birthdays starting this year - love, love, love it!!!!


  3. Rhia Says:

    Cup and Saucer- that gives me hope that our snuggles may continue for sometime yet...xxx

    Mel, it has always scared me that I won't remember all the beautiful things he does and says from day to day so this was my solution. I am sure your little ones will love reading back over your lists in years to come. It may even make for a lovely 18th or 21st present. xxx


  4. Bee Says:

    Awww, that was a lovely post. Made me smile, even though I'm in the middle of the bedtime battle from hell. Sigh.


  5. Rhia Says:

    Thanks Bee. I don't envy you your bedtime battle. As cute as he is MM sure can put up a fight. It's weird really he is just never tired lol


  6. Emily Says:

    That's gorgeous! And a great idea to do it every year. Visiting from FYBF.


  7. What a gorgeous post. My little boy turns three in July and it's such a fun age. Also visiting from FYBF!